Follow the recommendations below in the order in which they're listed until you've isolated or fixed your issue. Before proceeding, make sure to back up your Final Cut Pro libraries, media, and the Final Cut Pro application.
Absolutely, as long as you download it using your Apple ID in which you used to purchase the App. I currently have it installed on three machines that I use regularly. Same goes for any Apps downloaded from the App Store. Thankfully, Final Cut’s latest version currently supports both Mojave and Catalina, so as long as you’ve updated to macOS version 10.14.6 or later, you will be able to use it. Mojave was released in September of 2018 and works on most Mac products built after 2012, including Mac Mini, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iMac. Visit the Final Cut Pro Resources page for tutorials to help you get started quickly. Return to this page on your Mac or PC for the free 90-day trial. Email yourself a link to the download page. Final Cut Pro is a revolutionary app for creating, editing, and producing the highest-quality video. Final Cut Pro combines high-performance digital editing and native support for virtually any video format with easy-to-use and time-saving features that let you focus on storytelling. Final Cut Pro includes an intuitive, comprehensive set of tools for closed captioning in a variety of formats, without the need for expensive third-party software or services. You can create, view, and edit captions within Final Cut Pro, and deliver them as part of your video or as a separate file.
1. Restart your Mac
Restarting your computer resets Final Cut Pro-related system resources. To restart your Mac, choose Apple menu () > Restart, then reopen Final Cut Pro and try to reproduce your issue.
Final Cut Pro Macbook Air
2. Disconnect external devices
An incompatible or malfunctioning external device can sometimes cause issues with Final Cut Pro. To test external devices:
- Shut down your Mac.
- Disconnect all external devices other than your keyboard and mouse.
- Reset NVRAM. You only need to do this the first time you disconnect external devices.
- Open Final Cut Pro and attempt to reproduce your issue. If your issue no longer occurs, reconnect devices one at a time until you can reproduce your issue. Make sure to restart your Mac after reconnecting a device, if the device requires it.
If the issue only occurs with a certain device connected, you might need to update or service the device. Contact the manufacturer for support.
3. Check Final Cut Pro documentation
Check Final Cut Pro Help to make sure Final Cut Pro is working as expected. You can search Final Cut Pro Help for key terms shown in alerts, alert icons, or error messages.
4. Check system requirements
Make sure your Mac meets Final Cut Pro system requirements.
5. Update Final Cut Pro
Microsoft powerpoint 2010 for mac free download. Before you update, back up your existing libraries and your current copy of the Final Cut Pro application. This allows you return to the previous state your files and the application were in if updating does not address the issue.
To make sure you're using the latest version of Final Cut Pro, choose Apple menu () > App Store, then click Updates in the toolbar. If a Final Cut Pro update is available, you can click the Update button to download and install it.
Make sure that you're also using the latest version of macOS and that your Mac firmware is up to date. Back up your Mac before you update macOS.
6. Verify installation of Pro Video Formats
7. Check media and device compatibility
Make sure you're using a compatible media format, device, and external storage device format. Contact the manufacturer of the device(s) for support. If a software update for the device is available, follow the manufacturer's instructions to update firmware for devices like cameras and external storage devices, or to update drivers for devices like interfaces.
8. Check software compatibility
If you're using a plug-in or other software not made by Apple with Final Cut Pro, make sure it's compatible with your version of Final Cut Pro. Contact the manufacturer for support. If an update is available, follow the manufacturer's instructions to update the software.
Download Final Cut Pro App
9. Try using another user account
Can Any Macbook Download Final Cut Pro X
Create another user account on your Mac, then try to recreate the issue in the new user account. If the issue doesn't occur in the new user account, settings or files in the original account might be causing the issue.
10. Test with a new library and project
Create a new library and project, and try to reproduce the issue using known-good media, which is media you've used successfully in other projects. If you can't reproduce the issue using known-good media, the issue might be related to the media in the affected project. Obtain new copies of the media from the original source.
If you don't have known-good media available, you can create some using a placeholder and a sound effect from Final Cut Pro Additional Content.
11. Reset Final Cut Pro preferences
Resetting preferences doesn't affect your libraries, projects, or media. However, any custom preference settings will be reset to their default settings.
Before resetting preferences, choose Final Cut Pro > Preferences and note any specific settings you've made. Learn more about Final Cut Pro preferences.
To reset preferences in Final Cut Pro 10.3 or later:
- Quit Final Cut Pro.
- Hold down the Command and Option keys, then open Final Cut Pro.
- Click Delete Preferences.
- Try to reproduce the issue you were experiencing. If the issue no longer occurs, open Final Cut Pro preferences and reapply your custom settings.
12. Remove and reinstall Final Cut Pro
To remove and reinstall Final Cut Pro:
- In the Finder, choose Go > Applications.
- Locate Final Cut Pro and drag it to the Trash.
- Reinstall Final Cut Pro from the App Store, or restore it from a backup. When restoring a copy of the Final Cut Pro application from a backup, you can either drag it from its storage location to your Applications folder or restore Final Cut Pro from Time Machine backups.