- Can I Download Vlc Media Player On My Macbook Pro For Free Download
- Can I Download Vlc Media Player On My Macbook Pro For Free Version
- Can I Download Vlc Media Player On My Macbook Pro For Free Windows 10
Devices and Mac OS X version
VLC media player requires Mac OS X 10.7.5 or later. It runs on any 64bit Intel-based Mac. Previous devices are supported by older releases.
Note that the first generation of Intel-based Macs equipped with Core Solo or Core Duo processors is no longer supported. Please use version 2.0.10 linked below.
Web browser plugin for Mac OS X
Support for NPAPI plugins was removed from all modern web browsers, so VLC's plugin is no longer maintained. The last version is 3.0.4 and can be found here. It will not receive any further updates.
Older versions of Mac OS X and VLC media player
VLC media player for Mac is an open-source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files, as well as various streaming protocols. Safe, powerful, and completely free, the VLC app can play a range of media, including video and music files, in multiple formats directly on your Mac. 8/10 (69 votes) - Download VLC Media Player Mac Free. VLC Media Player is a multimedia player that stands out for being compatible with dozens of formats. For many, it's the best program in its category. If you ask around about which is the best multimedia player that you can download for free.
We provide older releases for users who wish to deploy our software on legacy releases of Mac OS X. You can find recommendations for the respective operating system version below. Note that support ended for all releases listed below and hence they won't receive any further updates.
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Use VLC 2.2.8. Get it here.
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Use VLC 2.0.10. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel.
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required
Use VLC 0.9.10. Get it for PowerPC or Intel.
Mac OS X 10.3 Panther
Gang beasts mac download free windows 7. QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required
Use VLC 0.8.6i. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar
Use VLC 0.8.4a. Get it for PowerPC.
Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma
Use VLC 0.7.0. Get it for PowerPC.
Downloading VLC Media Player
Can I Download Vlc Media Player On My Macbook Pro For Free Download
VLC Media Player is one of the best media players out there and it is available as a free download. For Windows PCs, you can download this software from the official download page at: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
Can I Download Vlc Media Player On My Macbook Pro For Free Version
At the download page mentioned above, there are three file types which can be used to install VLC Media Player in your Windows Machine:
An Exe Installer Package: A direct installing .exe file. Download this file, open it and the installation process begins.
A 7zip Package: A .7z file which requires the file compressor 7 Zip to extract the contents of this file.
A Zip Package: A Zip compressed package file which can be extracted with several file archiving software including WinRar and 7 Zip.
Your downloaded file name will be something like vlc-2.1.0-win32.exe, vlc-2.1.0-win32.7z and vlc-2.1.0-win32.zip for the Exe, 7Zip and Zip packages respectively. The version number (2.1.0) might be different.
The download link above will download the 32 bit version of this software. It works fine in 64 bit Windows machines but if you want to download and install/use a native 64 bit VLC Media Player for your 64 bit Windows system then visit the following link:
From there, you will get access to VLC Media Player self installing file (.exe) or compressed files (.7z or .zip). Read the file names and download the files correctly. For example at the current version number 2.1.0 the file names for exe, 7z and zip files are vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe, vlc-2.1.0-win64.7z and vlc-2.1.0-win64.zip respectively.
Installing VLC Media Player
Installing using the .exe installer package in Windows 7.
Note:In other Windows OS versions the installation steps might not look exactly the same but is basically
Locate and open your downloaded .exe installation file (vlc-2.1.0-win32.exe or vlc-2.1.0-win64.exe)
- If a security warning appears saying that the publisher could not be verified, click on “Run”.
- If it asks for other permissions on Windows click on “Yes” as well.
- Select a preferred language for your installation and click on “Ok”.
- The installation process will begin. Hit next to move on to the next step.
- Review the license agreement and click on next to continue.
- Choose the components that you want to install. The default option works great but you might want to review them. Here are some information about the componentsMedia Player (Required): Installs VLC Media Player. This option is by default selected and cannot be deselected/modified.
Start Menu Shortcut: Place a VLC menu on Windows start menu for your convenience.
Desktop Shortcut: Place a shortcut icon to your desktop for easy launch.
Web Plugins: Mozilla and Active X Plugins for playing/streaming web videos directly from your browser(s).
Discs Playback: To play DVD and CD inserted into your PC.
File Type Associations: To set VLC as the default player for certain file types. Individual file types can also be selected.
Audio: Association with all popular audio files.
Video: Association with all popular video file formats.
Others: Association with other file fomats such as .asx, .b4s, .bin.
Context Menus: Add “Play with VLC” and “Add to VLC’s Playlist” in your right click menu.
Delete Preferences and caches: To delete saved preferences and caches from the previous installation.
- Choose a location in your disk where you want to install VLC media player. The default settings is good enough but you can change it according to your preference.
- The installation will progress and the progress bar will increase as the process moves forward.
- Once the installation completes, the following confirmation/completion screen is shown.
- You have successfully completed the installation of VLC Media Player. If you had checked “Run VLC media player” in the previous step, then the player will run for the first time. It looks something like this:
Congratulations, you have just installed yourself a great new and awesome player for your computer. Remember the traffic cone which is the icon of this amazing player. Click on the cone every time you have to listen or play some media files.
Can I Download Vlc Media Player On My Macbook Pro For Free Windows 10
Installing using the downloaded archive file (7z or zip)
- Locate and open your downloaded archive file for VLC Media Player. The file name is something like vlc-2.1.0-win32.zip or vlc-2.1.0-win32.7z. As mentioned before, you will need a archive opening program such as WinRar or 7 Zip. Here the file is being opened using WinRar.
- Extract the contents of the archive to where you want to place your VLC Media Player. You can extract it to a certain place and then move it somewhere else later. This method installs a portable version of this amazing software.
- Locate the extracted files and folders.
- Open vlc.exe and VLC Media Player will run for the first time.