- All you need is a Mac with a built-in FaceTime HD camera — like the new MacBook Pro or the new iMac — and your calls display with next-best-thing-to-real-life clarity. The FaceTime HD camera also supports a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, so Mom, Dad, Grandma, your best friend, and even the dog can gather around for a video call.
- Download Skype for your computer, mobile, or tablet to stay in touch with family and friends from anywhere.
- Question: Q: how to download facetime in my macbook air? Hi,i wanted to do facetime with other mac user,how download a facetime,is facetime and ichat are same.thank you! MacBook Air Posted on Feb 28, 2012 7:48 PM. Reply I have this question too (6.
- How To Facetime On Macbook
- Download Free Facetime For Macbook Pro Max
- Download Facetime For Macbook Pro Free
- Download Facetime For Mac Free
- Facetime App For Macbook Pro
- Facetime App For Macbook Air
- Download Apple Facetime For Mac
Download FaceTime HD App on Mac OS 10.6.6 For Macbook Pro and iMac After pulling the curtain off its new Macbook Pro, Apple has now put up FaceTime HD app to the masses. If you are running the latest version of Mac OS X, Mac 10.6.6 that is, then you can download FaceTime app from the Mac App Store. Move your cursor into the FaceTime window, and you’ll see the window controls appear, as well as three icons at the bottom of the window: Mute: Click the mute icon to turn off the sound coming from your MacBook. FaceTime displays a reminder that mute is enabled. (You’ll continue to hear the audio from the other person.).
To have a FaceTime call with one other person, you need a Mac with OS X Lion 10.7 or later, a broadband Internet connection, and a built-in or connected microphone or camera. Or use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
To call a group of people, follow the steps in Use Group FaceTime on Mac.
Start a FaceTime call
The person you're calling doesn't need to have the FaceTime app open, but to receive the call on their Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, they do need to be signed in to FaceTime on that device. You can then call them using any phone number or email address they set up for FaceTime.
Start a call from the FaceTime app
Open the FaceTime app and enter the email address or phone number of the person that you want to call. If the person is in your Contacts app, you can enter just their name. Then click the Audio button or Video button to call.
You can also just ask Siri to ”FaceTime John” or ”FaceTime audio Lisa,” for example.
Start a call from the messages app
- Start a text conversation in the Messages app, or select a conversation that's already underway.
- Click Details in the upper-right corner.
- Click the video button or audio button to open the FaceTime app and start the call.
Answer a FaceTime call
From the notification that appears on your Mac, click Accept to answer the call in the FaceTime app.
If you click the arrow next to Accept, you can choose to accept as an audio call instead of video call. If you click the arrow next to Decline, you can choose to send a message to the caller or set a reminder to call back later.
You can also use the Touch Bar to accept or decline a FaceTime call.
Add another person to a FaceTime call
Anyone on the call can add more people to the call, creating a Group FaceTime call.
- While the call is underway, click the sidebar button to show the sidebar.
- Click the add button .
- Enter the person's name, email address, or phone number, then click Add.
- Click the Ring button next to the person's name to invite them to join the call.
Lean more about how to use Group FaceTime.
Use the onscreen controls
During a call, move your pointer over the FaceTime window to show these controls.
Turn the video from your camera off or on.
Switch to or from a full-screen FaceTime window.
Take a Live Photo of the other person.
- To stop receiving FaceTime calls on Mac, open FaceTime, then choose FaceTime > Turn FaceTime Off.
- Learn how to delete your call history in FaceTime.
- Learn what to do if FaceTime isn't working, your built-in camera isn't working, or you can't sign in to FaceTime.
FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.
Last updated on August 5th, 2017 at 11:31 am
This detailed guide will show you how to download FaceTime for PC using bluestacks so that you can make free calls to your friends via your computer or laptop. FaceTime is an apple’s product which lets you video chat with anyone.
see also : Megabox HD app for Android
Things you should Remember – KeyNotes
- You can run facetime on windows machine without any problem.
- It is not possible to run facetime on android phone but we have Google Hangout as it’s best alternative.
- Audio calling is also possible using the feature FaceTime audio.
- Video and Audio calling is absolutely free. It uses your device data to make calls.
We recently got a mail from our user seeking help in installing FaceTime for PC. As we all know, Facetime is a very popular video messaging app for Apple products which comes for free of cost. But he wanted to download Facetime on his Windows 10 machine. So, we have written a complete guide on downloading FaceTime for Windows PC/7/8/xp/8.1/10.
How to Download Facetime for PC?
The only way to install facetime on a windows computer is via Bluestacks. So, here are the steps to free download Facetime on Windows computer or laptop.
Step 1 – Download and Install Bluestacks from Here.
Step 2 – Download the APK file from here.
Step 3 – Double Click on it and Install it on your PC.
Step 4 – Follow the instruction and you should be able to install facetime without any glitches.
Facetime is an amazing application. Everybody wants to grab this amazing app and run it on their own smartphones and laptops.
How to get Facetime For Windows
Facetime for Windows is one of the many apps designed for video telephony. But is not just another app. Being owned by Apple Inc is sure to be a certificate of how amazing and promising this app is. But for the technology iconoclast, we know it can be hard to take an app at its face value. So, here is a list of the amazing features the app is here to offer you. One more thing we would like to clear is that you can also download Facetime for PC beta version but we don’t authenticate if it would work or not.
How To Facetime On Macbook
Getting Facetime app to play on Windows is just as easy. There have been attempts to fashion Facetime app into a PC compatible beta, and several developers online have tried making their own versions (though most of these are restricted to private online forums and meant to be tested by fellow developers, hence unavailable to the public at large). But you can score a few of these online, though with significant looking around. Check subs of Reddit you find related. Many of these versions can be found as exe files compatible with Windows, or be made to run on Windows otherwise, using various emulator software.
Also Read – FaceTime Not Working on iPhone/iPad
Facetime for PC comes loaded with features. And they are not merely restricted to calling friends and being able to see them as they talk. Here’s what the features include:
- While on a call, you can navigate away from the app and access other apps and features of your device. And you can still watch your friend talk, at a corner of the screen where the app plays as a preview.
- Facetime gives you the liberty to pause a call or mute it, or stop video streaming, as per your convenience.
- For Apple users, an ongoing phone call can be effortlessly converted to a video call, without any big lags or interruptions.
- And perhaps the biggest bonus of this feature is the lightning speed where you can run the app seamlessly with other apps in the background and not have a single moment of delays, crashes or other problems.
Now that we have conveyed the awesomeness of the app, let us now tell you how to get it on your device
Is there any Official Version of Facetime for PC?
No. The official version is available only for iOS. No well known version of FaceTime exists for Android, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or even the latest Windows 10. There is no telling how much that has bothered the app’s fans. But there’s no tried and tested solution in site. Looks like it is going to be this way, since there have not been many reports on any versions of Android or Windows coming soon.
But even as you might not be able to use Facetime for Windows PC, there are other apps you may use. There are plenty of other apps from highly reputed companies, some of which might even be better than Facetime itself. Sounds impossible? Believe us, it is true!
Update: 20 June 2016
Facetime is a native feature for IOS and now since you know how to get Facetime for PC free but you might be confused on how to use facetime on PC, isn’t it ? Download ziizii on mac macbook pro. But no need to worry. We are about to teach you how to use it in this section.
How to use Facetime on PC ?
As we have installed facetime for PC using an android emulator. The functioning of application is exactly like in facetime for android. Read the below step by step guide to do video calling from PC using this app.
Step 1: After installing the android emulator on your PC, Download the .APK file given here. Then right click on the file and open it with bluestacks to install the app on bluestacks.
Step 2: By, now Face time must have got installed on your emulator. Open the app and you will be asked for your E-mail address, fill it and signup to open the app.
Step 3: Now, you will be shown the list of contacts you have on your phone, to whom you can make a video call with the app.
Step 4: Select the friend with whom you want to do a video call, and you will be their email address, Click on the email address to start the video call. Or click on “send message” option to send a message to that contact for free of cost.
Step 5: To disconnect the call, simply tap anywhere on the screen which will show you disconnect call button (red color button with a symbol of phone), Click on that button to disconnect the call.
TIP : While making the video call keep a check on the microphone icon. If by mistake your microphone is disabled, the button turns into red color. when its disabled your partner won’t be able to hear your sound.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs):
Download Free Facetime For Macbook Pro Max
Q1. Is facetime free on Wifi ?
Ans : Facetime is always free, You are just needed to pay for your internet connection. if you are using this app over wifi, you are not going to pay directly for your video calls.
Download Facetime For Macbook Pro Free
Q2. How to use facetime on iPad ?
Download Facetime For Mac Free
Ans: To use Facetime on your iPad you need to be on wifi. Even if you have 4G LTE on your iPad, you need to be connected to a wifi network to make calls with facetime. And other things are same as in any other IOS device.
Q3. How to get facetime on iPhone 5 / Facetime missing from iPhone 5 ?
Ans : Facetime is not an App, You need to enable it from the settings of your iPhone. After this to call someone through face time, Find the contact you want to call on your address book and select video call.
Q4. How to add someone on facetime ?
Ans : All the people you have saved in the contacts app of your phone will be added shown in facetime application. So you need to save details of the person you want to add in the contacts app.
So, you can download FaceTime for PC using Bluestacks and run it on your windows laptop or computer. Unfortunately, facetime is still not officially available for windows but we can expect some good thing after the recent launch of iMessage for Windows.
Facetime App For Macbook Pro
see more :