- Download Visual Studio 2017 On Mac
- Visual Studio Software
- Visual Studio Community
- Visual Studio Mac Visual Basic
(22Nov2019) v16 is now available for Visual Studio 2017 and Visual Studio 2019. Apologies for the long delay, and many thanks to the contributors who did the update. Indent Guides for Visual Studio. Displays indent and page width guides in Visual Studio text editor windows.
- Visual Studio for Mac: Download and Install Visual Studio for Mac Free Programmers can install Visual Studio for Mac to build applications for Android, Android TV, Android Wear, iOS, MacOS, tvOS, watchOS and ASP.NET and.NET Core This guide shows how to download and install free Visual Studio for Mac and Xcode for developers.
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac. Develop apps and games for iOS, Android and using.NET. Download Visual Studio for Mac. Create and deploy scalable, performant apps using.NET and C# on the Mac.
Developer Community System Requirements Compatibility Distributable Code Documentation Blogs Servicing
Get the Preview
Get the Preview of Visual Studio 2019 for Mac by updating to the Preview channel.
This release is not 'go-live' and not intended for use on production computers or for creating production code.
To learn more about Visual Studio for Mac, see Mac System Requirementsand Mac Platform Targeting and Compatibility.
To learn more about other related downloads, see the Downloads page.
What's New in 8.9 Preview
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.9 Preview Releases
- November 10, 2020 – Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.9 Preview 1
- Visual Studio for Mac 8.9 Preview 1 introduces a new native XML editor.
Download Visual Studio 2017 On Mac
Refer to the Known Issues section.
Feedback & Suggestions
We would love to hear from you! You can report a problem through the Report a Problem option in Visual Studio for Mac IDE.You can track your feedback, including suggestions, in the Developer Community portal.
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.9 Preview 1 (22.214.171.1245)
released November 10, 2020
- We fixed an issue where a new project configuration added on VS 2017 on Windows does not load properly on VS for Mac.
- We fixed an issue that could cause the solution tree to be blank under certain conditions.
Shell and Tools
- We fixed an issue where saving failed after excluding resources from a project.
- We fixed a potential accessibility issue where the color contrast of the integrated terminal's selection color in dark mode is too low.
Source Code Editing
- We fixed an issue where F# 4.6 language features don't work on VS for Mac (Stable or Preview).
- We fixed an issue where member _.method in F # was not recognized correctly.
- We fixed build issues with new F# Web projects.
- We fixed an issue where Find References is not working.
- We fixed an issue with the Rename functionality not working correctly.
- We fixed an issue where Extension Methods navigation search operation was running indefinitely.
- We fixed an issue with missing support for FSharp.Core 4.7.
- We fixed various issues with GB18030 encoding support.
- We fixed an issue where switching branches got stuck at 'Updating version control repository'.
- We fixed an issue where Visual Studio Mac won't recognize the latest updates to the code.
- We added support for Xcode 12.1.
The following is a list of all existing known issues in Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.9:
- After installing the latest .NET 5 SDK, developers of .NET Core 3.1 apps might see an error indicating 'The ASP.NET Core developer certificate is in an invalid state.'. Running
dotnet dev-certs https --cleanthen
dotnet dev-certs https --trustfrom the Terminal will fix the issue.
- In rare cases, it's possible to be up to date with everything but the .NET Core 3.1.300 SDK. If you enter into this configuration and update to .NET Core 3.1.300 using the updater, the notification to update the .NET Core SDK will not disappear until the IDE is restarted.
- If you're already on Big Sur beta and can't use the updater, visit the Visual Studio for Mac website and download the installer.
In this topic, we will learn about the introduction of Visual Studio, version, and how to download and install Visual Studio for VB.NET.
Versions of Visual Studio
- Visual Studio launched First version 5.0 in 1997 and gave it name Visual Studio 97.
- Visual Studio version number 6.0 was launched in 1998 which pronounce as Visual Studio 6.0
- Visual Studio.NET was released in 2002 with version number 7.0.
- Visual Studio.NET was released in 2003 with version number 7.1.
- Visual Studio 2005 was released in 2005 with version number 8.0.
- Visual Studio 2008 was released in 2007 with version number 9.0.
- Visual Studio 2010 was released in 2010 with version number 10.0.
- Visual Studio 2012 was released in 2012 with version number 11.0.
- Visual Studio 2013 was released in 2013 with version number 12.0.
- Visual Studio 2015 was released in 2015 with version number 14.0.
- Visual Studio 2017 was released in 2017 with version number 15.0.
- Visual Studio 2019 was released in 2019 with version number 16.0.
How to Download and Install Visual Studio for VB.NET?
Now we will follow the procedure to download Visual Studio IDE, so we can simply develop program in VB.NET.
Visual Studio Software
Step 1. For downloading the Visual Studio IDE, go through the link given below:
Select one to download IDE
- Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition
- Visual Studio 2019 Professional Edition (90 Day Free Trial)
- And Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise Edition (90 Day Free Trial)
In this tutorial, we will use Visual Studio 2019 Professional Edition
Step 2. As clicked on download link, it starts downloading an .exe file, as shown in the image below.
Step 3. Click on the .exe file and then, it shows a pop-up window.
Step 4. Click on the Run button, and then it shows the below image.
Step 5. Click on the Continue Button
Step 6. After clicking on Continue, Visual Studio will start downloading its initial files as shown in the image below.
Step 7. It shows the screen below, in which you have to click on the install button as shown.
Step 8. After clicking on install button, your Visual Studio IDE will start downloading and then it displays the screen, as we have shown below.
Step 9. From the above image, select .NET desktop development and click on install open which may take some time to download the Visual Studio in your system, as shown in below image.
Step 10. After successfully downloading and installing the Visual Studio' supportive file, it shows the below screen in your system.
Step 11. Click on Launch button, and then it shows the below image in your screen that represents Visual Studio has been successfully launched in your machine.
And then it shows a below screen to select the Visual Studio theme. By default, it takes Blue theme, and if you want to change, you can easily change the Visual Studio theme by clicking on other themes.
Step 12. After selecting the Theme, click on Start Visual Studio and then it shows a below image in your system screen for creating a new project.
Step 13. After click on Create a new project, it shows the below screen to choose what type of application you are going to build in Visual studio. In this you can select the Console based application or Window Form Based application, as shown in below image. Mp4 converter free download mac. Here we chose the Console based application, and then click on the Next button.
Step 14. When you click the Next button, it shows the below image to define the project name, and also reminds if you want to place the solution and project in the same directory.
Visual Studio Community
Step 15. And finally, your new project will be successfully created.