Every gadget, nowadays, needs various applications that can enhance the usability of your device. Whenever one thing about apps, the first thing that comes to mind is the app icon that performs amazing functions for the gadget.
Between best free apps available on the internet, Apple’s App store provides the best applications for the MacBook that serves a great purpose for your Mac device.
Are you still confused which application to pick when you have such an immense variety available? Here are some of the best free apps available for your Mac.
Go for Instagram
It can be downloaded for free through the WhatsApp website or from the Mac App Store here and is extremely simple to set up. Download WhatsApp Desktop, install and open it. As with the web-browser. WhatsApp Messenger on Mac Check more details at Subscribe to ou.
- I currently own a Macbook Pro 2016 16GB RAM 3.3 GHZ Intel i7 running Mac OS Mojave but I feel as if it's very slow at downloading and I tried to download WhatsApp Desktop Application and it keeps crashing. I tried it on another Macbook Pro and it works just fine.
- RE-POST Wanting to try the new RF9 with my new 2020 16” MacBook Pro, I discovered the dreaded “black screen” while attempting to play. The download was successful but after launching, the application would get to the Tx calibration screen and then turn to a black screen. My system was up to.
If you have been struggling with the speed of bluestack android emulator while using any application that is not officially available on MacBook, Go for Instagram is what you were looking for to use Instagram on PC.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (also known as Call of Duty: MW3) is a 2011 first-person shooter game, jointly developed by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games and published by Activision. The game was released worldwide in November 2011 for Microsoft Windows, the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii. Mw3 free download for mac.
Almost every guide on the internet about “Using Instagram on MacBook” is telling you about installing an android emulator. Forget it and open your app store once.
While you are looking for a perfect app where you can store all your necessary data and media, Dropbox turns out to be the best option for you. It is considered to be the necessary app which provides a free space of up to 2.5GB.
Considering the accessibility of the storage app, as soon as you upload your data via WiFi (that works with any connection), you can even access it offline to have a look at your important files.
The app is similar to that of Google Drive for Android users and will never let you down as far as the security of your storage is concerned.
You can download the DMG file from Dropbox website.
Now that this awesome application is available for your MacBook as well. You can share files, videos, pictures or almost anything using your MacBook with anyone with share it installed. No matter which operating system the second person is using.
It has proved to be a boon for everyone (Mac users, Windows Users, iOS users and Android users for sure.)
Downloading a messaging app for your MacBook is really a fun. This one is nothing more than a web app. You can do that on your favorite web browser too.
But how about distraction-free chatting? 😛
You would love it. It is free for every Mac user on the app store.
Like you anti-virus software that clean your device and protect your device from any internal damages, AppCleaner is there for you to clean your beautiful applications and keep it safe to function.
Apart from cleaning the apps, the cleaning app simply removes the unwanted elements from your device permanently.
Out of amazing app cleaners, AppCleaner turns out to be the fastest and costs nothing. It is such an awesome utility for your machine to keep it clean and optimized.
You may find yourself comfortable with Safari but as far as advanced features are concerned, Google Chrome offers more fun. Chrome will turn out to be a faster browser than safari.
As far as its other features are concerned, it can sync all the information automatically through its bookmark, recent search, history, open tabs and much more.
There are times when you need to write down your thoughts or something important but do not find any place to write. In that case, SimpleNote offers you the best note-taking application that simply needs the user’s interface.
The app is not simply a digital notebook but comes with more amazing features such as amazing typography, pays attention to grip and places to store.
While you are busy installing some beneficial applications, there is always a place of entertainment on your device. To be able to download movies, videos, and songs, you need to install UTorrent, a free app that would provide you entertaining files.
Torrent offers smart and fast set-up, easily usable interface, excessive torrent information and more that makes it easy to use the app.
Finding difficulty in sharing important files and data with the other person or another device?
Now you don’t have to worry anymore as Cloudapp will make it easier as it will let you transfer files from one device to the other.
All you have to do is drag the file to the cloud app and the WiFi will help you upload your files online.
Out of an immense number of applications available, these are the necessary ones that would give you amazing Mac experience. Install these applications for free and make your device even more interesting.
Let me guess, you’re having a great conversation on WhatsApp and you reach your office or just got home and are browsing the web on your Mac and what happens?
Now you have to juggle chatting with your friends on one device and working/playing on another device. It’s a typical dilemma that interrupts the flow of a conversation and wish you could just download WhatsApp for Mac so that you could transfer your conversation from one device to another. Lucky for you, these awesome tips will help you master WhatsApp.
Is it that far of a reach to say you want to use a messaging system in all your devices without having to carry around a mobile phone, laptop, etc. to get your work done? Unfortunately, at this time WhatsApp has not created a desktop version for Mac or PC. However, that may change quickly, which I’ll talk about a bit below.
If you’re unfamiliar with the WhatsApp service you must be living under a rock somewhere. It’s a huge service that offers messaging to all of your friends anywhere in the world. Albeit, they have to have the app downloaded on their iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone, or whatever they have. But let’s be honest, with WhatsApp hitting 500 million users that shouldn’t be a problem!
WhatsApp Desktop Security Concerns
You’re not the only one looking to use WhatsApp for your Mac, or if you own a PC you’ll likely want to use their service on that too. The side effect of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people wanting to use a service that doesn’t exist. That creates an opening for malicious people to try to trick people into downloading their software program, which actually installs a virus or steals your information and uses it elsewhere.
A lot of sites out there claim to give you a Mac or PC desktop version of WhatsApp, however, I never advise downloading something from a website that is not official. There are legal and verified was to get WhatsApp on your computer, which I will talk about below. However, make sure you always download an app from the Google Play or Apple App Store. Don’t download an app from a non-official source. It can get dangerous quickly.
Is WhatsApp for Mac Coming Soon?
You may have heard that Facebook bought WhatsApp for $19 billion, with a B! Given that little aspect and another one, I can bet you’ll see a desktop version within the next year. Consider that both WeChat and Line, two of WhatsApp’s biggest competitors have desktop versions, you can bet that WhatsApp will catch up. They’re ultimately providing a less superior service as compared to their competitors when it comes to Mac and PC desktop support. On top of that, they have Facebook fiscally backing their product now, which makes almost certain that they have the resources available to make it happen. Likely you will see a desktop version within the coming year. Facebook would be missing out in a big way if they didn’t do so.
Push WhatsApp Messages To Your Mac
One of the newest apps is called Notifyr, which let’s you sync your iOS notifications right to your Mac. This means any notification you get from WhatsApp can be downloaded and pushed straight to your computer through this little app. Note, you will need to download the app both for your iOS device and for your Mac computer. The two apps talk to each other and push your notifications straight over. Edit: Depending on your version of OS X, you may not need Notifyr. Newer versions allow a lot of syncing between your mobile devices and your computer, so certain apps may already send push notifications. If you have an older version of OS X, though, perhaps you may still want to give it a look.
The apps use Bluetooth to connect with each other so you will need to turn on Bluetooth and most likely it will use a little bit more energy if the bluetooth feature is on all day. However, the claim is that there is not an abnormal rate of power loss when using Notifyr all day long. It’s a pretty new app so may include some bugs but ultimately is a great idea and one that we can get on board with! Try it out and let us know what you think below. Does it drain your battery life more than normal? Do you get all your messages across without any hiccups? Was it easy to pair your iPhone to your Mac, etc?
One of the biggest downsides to this is that you can only receive messages on your Mac, you can’t send them. Basically, it is similar to your push notifications you have on your phone, it pushes notifications but you can’t respond without going back to your phone. Hence why, we will take a look at an option that gives you full functionality and usability.
WhatsApp for Mac Using Andyroid
A great option is to use an Android emulator called Andyroid that just recently released a Mac version to go along with their current PC version. Basically, this will let you run any type of app that you want on your Mac and it will mimic an Android device perfectly.
Another good thing about Andyroid is that you don’t need to verify your Google Play account with an Android device. All you need to do is make sure you have a Google Play account and from there you will be able to get everything setup quickly and completely for free. Just follow these steps.
- First, head over to Andyroid and download their Android emulator.
- Once you’ve gotten it downloaded you will want to install it onto your computer by double clicking on the installation .dmg file.
- When you open up Andyroid for the first time you will be asked if you want to login, make sure you login to your Google Play account, which will let you sync your Google accounts. If you normally use an Android device, it will give you the option to just sync your account and it will download and install all of your apps onto the Andyroid app.
- If you don’t automatically get WhatsApp, just head over to the Google Play app on the bottom.
- From there, search for WhatsApp in the Google Play store and click download. That will download the app onto your desktop and you just need to login to your account and you’ll be able to chat with friends.
Remember that sometimes people have issues with their graphics card not working well with emulators so make sure your computer is fully up to date on your software updates. If you find that there is an issue you may want to try BlueStacks below which can give you a different approach and sometimes will work better if Andyroid does not work well.
Both apps are completely free so feel free to try Andy or BlueStacks to see what works the fastest and has the least amount of glitches while running WhatsApp. I work on a Mac and find Andy is the better option as BlueStacks often runs slow and crashes on my computer. Also, sometimes it’s hard to get setup and run apps. Let us know in the comments below what your experience is with each of the two options.
Download WhatsApp For Mac Now
Luckily for you, there are options to use full functionality of WhatsApp for Mac computers. It requires you to download and use what’s called an Android emulator. Basically it tricks the app into thinking it’s being run on an Android device when it’s really being run on a Mac.
There are a bunch of Android emulators out there, however, the most user intuitive and best supported option is BlueStacks. BlueStacks is the largest Android emulator apart from Android’s own emulator. However, the Android built emulator takes a lot more to setup and a lot more knowledge of coding. I recommend going with BlueStacks as the best option. Another ok option is YouWave, which costs $20 but is a good alternative if you can’t get BlueStacks working.
NOTE: You will need access to an Android device for this to work. As of now, there is no work around if you don’t already have a set up Google Play account. You’ll see why below.
To get WhatsApp installed and working on your Mac, follow the steps below. Make sure you follow them one by one without skipping any as they’re all important.
- First, you’ll want to head over to BlueStacks and download their emulator. You will likely download the BlueStacks beta version which is the newest release version.
- Now, once you’ve downloaded BlueStacks, go ahead and open up the .dmg file. It will create a disk image and simply drag the app over to your applications folder.
- Open up BlueStacks and it may take a bit to load and go through it’s initial setup. Once that is done, you will need to sync your Google Play account with BlueStacks.
- Now you will see a screen similar to below. You will want to click the 1-click sync button. That will sync your BlueStacks app with your Google Play account. Note, you must have a Google Play account with a verified device for this to work. If you don’t own an Android device, try to find someone who does own one and get their Google Play login. Basically, Google won’t let you download their apps if you don’t prove that you have a device that can use them. This is for security reasons.
- Now that you’ve got the Google Play login, go through the steps of setting up the sync. Make sure you verify your account and in the end you will be ready to get WhatsApp.
- After that’s done, click on the search icon at the top right and search for “WhatsApp” which will bring up the app. If you had already downloaded it to your Android device it will likely automatically sync all your apps.
Note: you will now have WhatsApp on your Mac using BlueStacks, however you will likely need to verify the account again. WhatsApp may send you a text message verification, if so just go through the process and verify that it is your account.
Now you can use WhatsApp when you’re at home, just lounging around the house or if you’re at work you can send messages with your friends back and forth. Let us know if you have questions about how to get BlueStacks up and running, it can be buggy, especially if you don’t have a current graphics card and if you haven’t synced your Google Play account with it.
Alternatives to WhatsApp For Mac
If none of those options above satisfy you, there is always the option to use an app that will natively work on your Mac or PC. There are several competitors to WhatsApp that work on your Mac and you won’t have to deal with downloading an emulator and tricking the app. Also, if you don’t already have a Google Play account, say you only have Apple products, the Android emulator won’t help you all that much. Especially if you can’t find a friend to let you use their login. Below are some good alternatives that let you message anyone you like for free, voice call, etc.
- iMessage: is a native Apple app that allows you to send messages to and from any Apple device. Whether you’re on iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, or iMac you can sync all of your accounts together and send messages instantly over the internet. The big downside to this option is that it of course only works with friends that have a Mac or an iPhone or iPad. Your contact has to have an Apple ID login and be able to see your iMessages through one of the Apple devices. If most of your friends use Apple products, this is a great option to be able to communicate fast and easily. A positive of this option is that it just works. There is no setup as the app is already installed on all Apple products and you can just use it immediately.
Download Whatsapp For Macbook Pro Free
- Line: Is one of my favorite alternatives to WhatsApp. It’s easy to use, quick, fun and the best part is that it syncs with practically any mobile or desktop device. Whether you’re on a Mac, PC, iPhone or Android you can have Line installed on all devices and your messages will show up and sync across every one of them. Line has a cool feature that allows you to share and send stickers, a good way to liven up a conversation. If you want to expand your network to those that have non Apple products, Line is a good option. However, as with the other services, your contacts have to have Line for it to work. This may be a barrier if you don’t have a lot of friends on the messaging service as it’s not a lot of fun if you don’t have anyone to chat with, right?
- WeChat: is another good option if you have friends that use and like WeChat. If no one you know uses it, then it makes the app kind of pointless. WeChat is another great contender, but ultimately you want to go where your friends are, unless you can convince them to join whichever app/service you’ve joined.
Download Whatsapp For Macbook Pro Free
Do you have any other questions about how to use WhatsApp on a Mac or some other good alternatives? Let me know if something develops and a new method comes out to use the app on your Mac computer. I’ll be interested to hear about it. As I said previously, I’m sure a desktop version will be out in no time and remember the primary thing is to have fun with it! Chat with your friends and socialize, after all, that is the point of these apps!