Lync for mac download free. Last updated: June 14, 2016
How to reinstall Java 6 on Mac OS X
I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.2 and VMware Fusion 3.0.2. I created a VM running Windows 7 Pro x64. If I enable 3D acceleration for the VM (Aero enabled), and try to run a graphical Java 6 application in the VM, the VM and the Mac completely freeze. The only option is a hard reset.
How to uninstall Oracle Java 7
Java is a free software currently developed by Oracle Corporation. Apple provided its own implementation of Java for Mac OS X until October, 2012. At that time, the Apple verison of Java 6 was removed during an OS X update, and replaced with the Oracle-supplied version of Java 7.
This article pertains to the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) program installed on your computer that is used to run Java applets encountered in your web browser. There are a variety of reasons why a Mac user would want to remove Oracle’s version of Java from their Mac, and reinstall Java 6 on Mac instead. To reinstall Java 6 on Mac OS X, you should first uninstall Oracle Java 7 or 8 from your Mac. The steps below explain how to uninstall Oracle Java from your Mac. Please note that to uninstall Java 7, you must have Administrator privileges.
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
- Click on Applications tab on the sidebar
- In the Search box enter: JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
- This will find the JavaAppletPlugin.plugin file
- Right click on JavaAppletPlugin.plugin and select Move to Trash
Press and hold the power button on your Mac to completely shut it off. Hard discs and fans need to stop spinning, and the screen needs to go dark. Power on your Mac. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Command + Option + P + R keys. Keep holding them down until you hear the startup sound again. The reason for this issue is because there do not has partition on the virtual disk, so we should first create a partion on the virtual disk, then you can select the virtual disk partition to install mac os. Click Install macOS High Sierra — Quit Install macOS menu item in top left corner to quit mac os installation wizard.
Alternatively, if you are familiar with using the Mac’s Terminal utility with Administrator privileges as root or by using sudo, you may copy/paste the command line below to uninstall Oracle Java 7:
How to Restore Apple’s Java 6 after uninstalling Oracle Java 7
If you updated your Mac to Oracle Java 7 or 8, and it has created an unforeseen issue, you may continue to use Apple’s
Java on your Mac by restoring it. Please note that to restore Apple’s Java, you must have Administrator privileges and execute the command either as root or by using sudo.
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
- Click on Applications tab on sidebar
- Click on the Utilities folder
- Double-click on the Terminal icon
- In the Terminal window Copy and Paste the command below:
Once you have uninstalled Oracle’s Java, and restored Apple’s Java 6, you may verify that your Mac is running the expected Java version by visiting the Java.com web site.
If this article helped you, please consider leaving us a Bitcoin tip:
Tech Help Knowledgebase creates how-to articles and video tutorials for common issues, and provides technical support for the categories covered by our site.
This article explains how to install Java 6 32bit on Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
Java 6 32bit is required when using the 32bit installer for PDF Studio – a powerful, low cost Adobe® Acrobat® alternative for Mac OSX. Note that the 32bit installer is no longer the recommended installer. The new recommended installer for PDF Studio is 64bit and does no longer require Java 6.
Java 6 Will Not Completely Download Hangs Stalls Mac Os X 10.7
Steps to install Java 6 If you wish to continue with the old / original installer
Q: I upgraded my mac to OSX 10.10 Yosemite & 10.11 El Capitan and I am having trouble opening PDF Studio. I receive the message: “To open “PDF Studio 9” you need to install the legacy Java SE 6 runtime.” How can I fix this?
A: Like other applications such as Dreamweaver or Creative Suite, PDF Studio requires Java 6 in order to run. During the upgrade process to Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan, Java may be uninstalled from your system. In order to reinstall and run PDF Studio you will need to install the Java 6 Runtime again. You may receive a dialog that will direct you to the site where you can download the Java 6 Runtime. Once installed you can proceed as normal with installing and using PDF Studio. You can follow the instructions below to complete the Java 6 installation.
Installing Java SE 6 Runtime
- Click on the “More Info…” button. The “More Info” button may be broken on some Yosemite minor versions. If so, go to the Mac Support site (support.apple.com/kb/DL1572) to download Java 6.
- Click on the Download button on the Mac support page
- This will begin downloading the Java installer. You can see the current status of the download on your dock.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloads icon on the dock to open the download folder. Then click on the file labeled JavaForOSX2014-001.dmg to open the download.
- Then double click on the JavaForOSX.pkg file to open the Java 6 installer
- Follow the installation instructions to complete installing Java 6 on your system
- Once the installation is complete you can proceed as normal with installing and/or using PDF Studio. In some cases, you may need to reinstall PDF Studio as well due to the way that the Mac OSX 10.10 upgrade rearanges the files on the system.
Java 6 Will Not Completely Download Hangs Stalls Mac Os X 10.8
If you come across any issues at all please feel free to let us know by going to Help->Email Support or sending us an email directly to [email protected]