- I would recommend you use Homebrew and a tool like jenv to manage the different Java versions on OSX: brew cask install java brew install jenv OSX needs its outdated system-default Java for the occasional task, so you don't want to go replacing it outright.
- I’m stuck at a grey boot looking screen with an Apple logo, status bar is about 1/6 and been there for about 45 minutes. There is no text on the screen. I’ve gotta go to sleep. It’s been a long day and I need to get up early. Hope it works out ok and the power doesn’t go out.
- If the macOS High Sierra download completes, but there’s no prompt for the installation to continue, then search in your Mac’s application folder for a file called 'Install macOS 10.13.
- Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra Mac
- Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra Madre
- Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra 10.13
- Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra 10.12
After the Mac reboots, try to install the macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra again. If the installation get stuck when you try to update the Mac from Mac App Store, you may download macOS software from Apple website, which is the Combo updater which includes all the files required to update the macOS. Install macOS in Safe Mode.
After upgrading to a newer version of Mac OS X (Yosemite 10.10 and El Capitan 10.11) or macOS (Sierra 10.12 and High Sierra 10.13), you may end up getting an annoying new pop-up message whenever you start your computer. It says, “To use the java command-line tool, you need to install a JDK.” It asks you to click “More Info” and visit the JDK (Java Developer Kit) download website.
The reason you’re receiving this message is due to the removal of Java support in newer versions of OS X for security reasons. Older software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator requires legacy Java support. Without a compatible Java command-line tool for these software, you’ll get this pop-up every time you turn on your Mac computer.
When you visit the download website to update Java, you find that the issue isn’t resolved! You’re still getting the same pop-up. This isn’t a complicated issue to fix, but it is an indirect one. The problem is that you’re not being routed to the correct download website when you click “More Info.”
Apple could have remedied this issue by programming the “More Info” button to direct you to the right fix. Here are the steps you can take to finally rid yourself of this pop-up:
Fix Java Command-Line Tool Pop-Up on Mac OS X
- Download Java for OS X 2017-001 aka Apple’s version of Legacy Java Command-line tool.
- Mount the .dmg disk image file and install Java 6 runtime for OS X.
- Restart your Mac and enjoy the absence of this Java command-line tool error pop-up!
Cannot update and install latest macOS Sierra 10.12.1 in your Mac computer? Don't worry. Here in this article, we'll offer you effective methods to assist you fixing complex macOS Sierra update error such as fail to download or update stuck issue in Mac. You can simply follow below offered steps and solutions to fix this issue with ease now.
- Step 1. Backup important Mac data in advance
- Step 2. Fix macOS Sierra fail to download or 'An error has occurred' issue
- Step 3. Solve macOS Sierra update stuck issue or install freeze error
- Step 4. Download and install macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update
- Tip: Restore lost data after macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update
Now let's follow to update and install macOS Sierra 10.12.1 in Mac computer without any obstacles or losing any data now.
Step 1. Backup important Mac data in advance
In order to avoid unexpected data loss error or problems while installing new macOS Sierra in Mac, it's highly necessary to create data backups in advance.
Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra Mac
You may directly apply Time Machine as a free tool to full backup your important Mac data with simple clicks.
If you don't have a backups and lost some data while installing new macOS Sierra update, you can try professional Mac data recovery software to get all lost data back.
Step 2. Fix macOS Sierra fail to download or 'An error has occurred' issue
Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra Madre
If your Mac shows a error message that 'An error has occurred' or 'Failed to Download' while you are trying to downloading a new update for macOS Sierra. And this has become a common issue that many users have to face while upgrading Mac to a new operating system. And you may follow below tips to fix this issue:
- Open Launchpad > Delete 'Install macOS Sierra' file with a question mark on it;
Reboot Mac and retry to download a new macOS Sierra update 10.12.1:
- Click Apple Menu > Select App Store > Click Update next to macOS Sierra in the Update section.
Then the new update of macOS Sierra 10.12.1 will be downloaded automatically for you. Then you can try to install the latest macOS update in Mac computer now. If you get stuck or frozen while installing macOS Sierra 10.12.1, you can jump to Step 3 to find solution.
Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra 10.13
Step 3. Solve macOS Sierra update stuck issue or install freeze error
If your Mac computer gets stuck or freezes up while installing macOS Sierra 10.12.1, don't worry. You may try below tips to fix this issue with ease now:
- Disable or uninstall any Anti-virus software on your Mac;
- Ensure Mac computer has a proper and reliable internet connection;
- Install macOS Sierra in Safe Mode:
Hold Power till Mac shuts down > Turn Mac on and hold Shift key > Release Shift when Apple logo appears > Then Mac shall be booted into the Safe Mode.
Step 4. Download and install macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update
Now you can continue to download and install macOS Sierra 10.12.1 in Mac.
How? You can try to get a update in Mac by the follow clicks:
Click Apple Menu > Select App Store > Click Update next to macOS Sierra in the Update section.
Or you can directly download it by click below link:
Download macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Update
Java Update Error Download Gets Stuck Mac Sierra 10.12
Then you can run macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update and follow the on-screen instruction to install the new update in Mac computer with ease now.
And don't worry about losing any data if you have created backups in Step 1. If you don't have any backups and lose data while installing macOS Sierra 10.12.1, don't worry. Next we'll offer you effective tip to restore lost data due to macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update.
Tip: Restore lost data after macOS Sierra 10.12.1 update
Here we'd like to recommend you try professional Mac data recovery software - EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac which fully supports all macOS systems including the newest macOS Sierra 10.12.1, El Capitan, Yosemite etc. It allows you to restore all lost data due to macOS update or other reasons within 3 steps.
Just apply this software and follow this tutorial to restore files on Mac now.