If the sound on your Mac has stopped working, there are several possible explanations and solutions. The first thing to check is that the sound definitely is not working. Below we'll explain what to check.
Volume free download - Apple Audio Volume Installer, Intellivision for Mac: Volume 1, Intellivision for Mac: Volume 2, and many more programs.
- To find free download of sound booster software exclusively one can search Google using “sound booster software, free download for windows 7”. To find sound booster software for laptops one can search Google using “sound booster software for laptop” or “sound booster software for laptop free download”.
- Boom volume booster free download - Boom 2, Boom 3D, Sound Booster, and many more programs.
- Download Boom3D: Volume Booster and EQ for macOS 10.10.3 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. Boom 3D: The Best System-wide Volume Booster with 3D Surround Sound Boom 3D is a system-wide volume booster and equalizer for Mac that delivers an unbelievably realistic and immersive listening experience with its magical 3D Surround Sound.
No sound on Mac? Check these things first
1. Check the volume
As simplistic as it may seem, the first thing to check is that the volume hasn’t been muted intentionally. Tap the volume up (F12) key to turn up the sound level.
Pro tip: If you hold down Option+Shift when you press F12 or F11 to increase or decrease the volume, it will move in smaller increments than the full step changes that occur when you use the keys on their own.
2. Is it an app problem?
It may be that there’s no sound on your Mac because it won’t play audio in a specific app. If, for example, you can’t hear sound from a video in Safari, make sure the audio isn’t muted by clicking the volume control in the video. You should also check other sound sources, like iTunes and QuickTime movies, to find out if they can play sound.
Tip: if you’re fed up with websites you visit automatically playing video with sound when you’re working, go to Safari>Preferences and click the Websites tab. Click Autoplay, and in the bottom right of the window, choose Stop Media with Sound.
3. Run Maintenance scripts
If you’ve determined your Mac’s sound definitely isn’t working, consider running CleanMyMac X’s Maintenance scripts. These optimize the performance of your Mac by running a number of routines such as repairing disk permissions, verifying your startup disk, and rebuilding the launch services database.
Here's how to run Maintenance scrips:
Download CleanMyMac X here (it's free to download).
- Launch the app.
- Click Maintenance.
- Choose Run Maintenance Scripts and click Run.
4. Check for hardware issues
Mac Volume Booster Free Downloads
Next, check there’s nothing plugged into the headphone/line out port and look to see if there’s a red light on that port. If there is, it could be there’s a problem with the port or something blocking it. Try blowing on it to clear dust, if that’s the case.
5. Are you running the latest version of macOS?
If there’s still no sound on your Mac, Apple’s advice is that the first thing you should do is make sure you’re running the latest version of macOS.
To check which version of macOS your Mac is running, click the Apple menu and then About this Mac. The window that opens will have the name of the version of macOS currently installed at the top. Now the latest version is macOS High Sierra. If you’re not running High Sierra, you should consider installing it by going to the App Store app and clicking on it in the sidebar on the right-hand side of the main window.
If you don’t want to install High Sierra, at least make sure you’re running the latest update to whichever version of the OS is installed. To check that, click Software Update in the About This Mac window. That will check for updates and let you know if there’s one available. If there is, install it.
Before installing either a new version of the OS or an update, back up your Mac using Time Machine or whatever backup tool you normally use.
How to check your sound settings
If you’re running the latest macOS version and your sound still isn’t working, the next step is to check your Sound settings.
- Click on the Apple menu and choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Sound pane.
- Select the Output tab and choose built-in speakers. If that’s not available as an option, contact Apple Support.
- Check if the volume slider is low; if so, slide it to the right and recheck the sound.
- Make sure the Mute box isn’t checked.
If you check your sound settings, you see a USB device selected rather than built-in speakers, and you can’t change it, disconnect all USB devices from your Mac and try again.
Is there an app interfering with the sound?
Some applications, like screen recorders, install their own audio output drivers so that when you record the screen, you can direct your Mac’s output to the recording app. It’s possible that if you’ve installed an app like that, its driver could be interfering with your Mac’s sound output.
- Go to System Preferences and choose Sound.
- Click on the Output tab.
- If there’s an output option that looks like a software app and it’s selected, that may be why the sound is not working on your Mac.
Download photos doesn't work from iphone x to macbook pro 2020. The best thing to do in that instance is to uninstall the app. You could just drag the app to the Trash, but that won’t uninstall it properly or remove all the files the app has placed on your Mac. To do that, you should use a dedicated uninstaller like CleanMyMac X.
CleanMyMac X makes it very easy to completely uninstall any app so that it doesn't leave any fragments or stray files behind. By using CleanMyMac X, you can be sure you’ve deleted all the files associated with the app and that it hasn’t left anything behind. You can download CleanMyMac X for free here.
Restart the sound controller
If no software audio drivers interfere with your Mac’s sound output, nothing plugged into the headphone jack, USB, or Thunderbolt ports, and your sound still doesn’t work, the next step is to restart the sound controller. This requires launching Activity Monitor and quitting a process, but don’t worry, it’s not too scary!
- Go to Applications > Utilities and double-click on Activity Monitor to launch it.
- In the search bar, type 'coreaudiod’ to locate the Core Audio controller.
- Click on coreaudiod, then click ‘X’ in the toolbar to quit it.
- Coreaudiod will restart.
Why is the volume low on Mac?
If you've faced issues with the speaker volume on your Mac, it's likely a software-related problem. Maybe some app conflicts with your speaker settings, or maybe there's something else. The first thing you can do to troubleshoot the issue is to reset NVRAM/PRAM. These are small parts of your Mac's memory that control sound volume, time zone, display resolution, and other settings on your Mac.
To reset NVRAM/PRAM, shut down your Mac, and press Option-Command-P-R on its start-up. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. After your Mac restarts, check if the volume is back to normal.
Mac volume not working and stuck on mute?
If the volume control is not working on your Mac, either using the keyboard or the slider in the menu bar or System Preferences, it could be ’stuck’ on mute. The most common occurrence of this problem is on pre-2015 Macs that had digital audio output support in the headphone jack.
On those Macs, there was a sensor in the port that detected whether a headphone jack or a digital audio device was plugged in. The Mac would then change the output to headphones or digital output accordingly. However, sometimes the sensor failed to recognize when a digital audio device had been unplugged, and so the audio output remained locked on digital output, with no way to change it. With no digital audio output connected, there is no way to change the volume or hear a sound.
In that case, the solution is to plug the cable back into the socket and remove it again. Try it a few times, if necessary, to ‘trip’ the sensor and make the Mac recognize the digital audio device is no longer connected. If that doesn’t work, there could be some gunk blocking the socket. Try blowing on it to remove any dust. If that doesn’t work, buy a can of compressed air and, carefully, spray the socket to bow out the dust.
If that still doesn’t do the trick, buy a foam-tipped swab (don’t use a cotton bud as these leave tiny threads behind) and dip it in rubbing alcohol. Put the swab into the headphone jack and clean it, wiping away as much of the link as possible.
Bluetooth sound not working on Mac
Your Mac can play audio wirelessly via Bluetooth, so if you have Bluetooth speakers or headphones, you can use those to listen to music or anything else on your Mac. Sometimes, however, they don’t work.
Make sure Bluetooth is switched on
- Go to System Preferences and click the Bluetooth pane.
- If it says, Bluetooth turned off, turn it on.
Make sure your headphones or speakers are connected.
- Look in the list of devices in the main window to see if your headphones or speakers are listed.
- If not, put them in pairing mode (you’ll need to refer to their instructions to find out how to do that) and when they appear, click Connect.
- If they are listed but not connected, make sure they’re switched on and Control-click on them in the main window and choose Connect.
Tip: If you check the box labeled Show Bluetooth in the menu bar in Bluetooth preferences, you can connect from the menu bar item.
Once your headphones or speakers are connected, click on the volume control in the menu bar and choose them. If you don’t have the volume control displayed on the menu bar, go to System Preferences, choose Sound and then the Output tab and select the Bluetooth speaker or headphones. While you’re there, it’s a good idea to check the box labeled Show volume in the menu bar — it’s in the Sound Effects tab.
To conclude, there are a number of reasons why the sound is not working on your Mac. If you follow the guide above and take it one step at a time, you should be able to fix the problem. If none of the steps above work for you, the next step is to contact Apple support and, if possible, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple Store. If that’s not possible, Apple will advise you on the best course of action to get your audio working again.
These might also interest you:
Sound booster software helps one to raise the volume and quality of sound and it enhances the sound effects as well. One need not invest on buying additional speakers to enhance the audio sound and this software will do the job quite perfectly. One can search Google using “sound booster software download” or “sound booster software for pc” to find a many sound booster software and download them.
Let us have a glance at some of the sound booster software and its main features
1. Letasoft Sound Booster
This sound booster software helps to raise the volume of the PC or laptop. It comes with trial version and its main features are
- It is very easy to use and it has system tray to adjust the volume
- It starts automatically when the system is boots up
- It produces quality sound without distortions
2. DFX Audio Enhancer
This is one of the best audio enhancer software that comes with various features. It is a freeware and its main features are
- It is easy to use and customizable
- It has advanced DSP sound quality enhancement effects
- It enhances sound for all programs like media players and voice chats
- It has dynamic sound spectrum analyzer
3. Breakaway Audio Enhancer
This sound booster software has fully sizable and comes with a demo version. Its main features are
- It has multi-band dynamics processing
- It is capable of making sound louder and punchier
- It automatically adjusts volume dynamics and spectral balancing
- It corrects song-to-song volume shifts and overdriven speakers
- It works efficiently for all programs
4. Audio Amplifier Pro
This software enhances sound for all audio and video formats. It comes with trail version and its main features are:
It allows normalizing all video and audio tracks to the same level
- It is easy to use and a simple software
- It allows to increase or decrease audio volume without disturbing the video track
5. Sound Volume – 7
This is windows-based sound booster software. It is a freeware and its main features are
- It works very fast and comfortable to use
- It works by transforming one’s keyboard to “Media”
- It has simple operations to increase, decrease and mute the volume
- It is quick to download and easy to install
6. SRS Audio Sandbox
This is one of the excellent audio enhancement tools. This is a freeware and its main features are
- It produces quality sound enhancement without distortion
- It works as a virtual driver
- It allows modifying audio stream according to settings
- It is very easy to use and works fast by sitting in the system tray
Mac Volume Booster free download. software
7. Sound Forge Pro
This is perhaps one of the professional sound enhancement software. It comes with a trial version and its main features are
- It produces professional-quality audio
- It has powerful settings to customize audio quality
- It supports DirectX and VST audio effects
- It allows creating EQ, delay, chorus and reverbing quality effects
ProfoundSound drastically enhances one’s listening experience. It comes with a trial version and its main features are:
- Its control panel allows the user to alter the algorithms values
- It operates on specific frequencies which help to minimize distortion
- It has profound clarity enhancement features
- It provides overall quality audio effects
9. Hear for Mac & PC
Hear is one of the excellent audio enhancing software. It comes with trial version and its main features are
Mac Volume Booster Free Download Windows 10
- It makes the sound effects incredible
- It produces rich and clear music clarity
- It has the ability to customize sound for one’s preference
- It has the ability to control volume and quality of each application independently
Benefits of sound booster software
To enhance the volume of the music videos or audios one generally goes for additional or high power speakers that are quite expensive. But these sound enhancing physical devices do not allow one to set any preferences of one’s choice and hence they are not only expensive but also have limited features. But sound booster or enhance software that are available in plenty in the market does offer many sound effects and lots of options as well as stunning features.
For different media players or programs one can set audio and quality effects individually. This feature enables one to enjoy their favorite audio, video or movies for their choice. The laptops in general do not produce loud sound effects and this issue can be resolved easily by installing effective sound booster software. The mobile devices which are order of the day and everyone loves to listen to watch movies or listen music, one can install this sound booster software and enjoy the special sound effects.
Pc Volume Booster Free Download
Selecting varieties of sound booster software
One can find varieties of sound enhance software by searching Google with “sound booster software for windows xp”, “sound booster software for windows 7” or “sound booster software for windows 8”. To find free download of sound booster software exclusively one can search Google using “sound booster software, free download for windows 7”. To find sound booster software for laptops one can search Google using “sound booster software for laptop” or “sound booster software for laptop free download”.