/PowerMyMac /How to Download Movies from Netflix on Mac
Netflix For Mac free download - WinZip Mac, AVG AntiVirus for Mac, Technitium MAC Address Changer, and many more programs. Download Netflix shows on Mac using Android emulator. MacOS platform remains isolated in many ways. At the same time, Android apps are more versatile when it comes to Netflix streaming and downloads. As a workaround, you can run an Android emulator, for example Blue Stacks, so you can install Netflix on your Mac.
Netflix has been the main source of movies for many individuals at present. Can you download Netflix movies on a Mac? Yes, you can! But if you want to watch Netflix movies on your Mac, you should be familiar with methods on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac since there is issue with Netflix download limit.
So how to download Netflix movies on Mac? Why can't I watch Netflix on my Mac and not allow to put Netflix on desktop Mac? It is important to note that the Netflix app is only available on iPhone, iPad, Android mobile devices and Windows, except for Mac. For Mac users, the only way to free download Netflix for Mac and watch shows from Netflix is to utilize a web browser such as Safari or Google Chrome to log in to its website where you can stream videos. Sadly, you cannot download any movies and episodes on your Mac.
Article GuidePart 1. How to Download Movies from Netflix Mac?Part 2. Why You Need The Large & Old Files Tool?Part 3. Conclusion
Part 1. How to Download Movies from Netflix Mac?
Remember that Netflix has yet to create an app for the macOS which makes it an ordeal for users to watch shows offline on Mac. So how to download Netflix movies to computer? Is there a way to download Netflix movies on Mac?
Before you can gain access to an app specifically for the macOS, there are several methods on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac to watch offline:
- Recording Netflix shows on Mac.
- Stream downloaded Netflix videos from iPhone/iPad to Mac.
- Stream Netflix shows from your iPhone or iPad using AirPlay.
- Install Windows.
Recording Netflix Shows on Mac
One way on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac is screen recording. With this method, it requires a screen recorder program. Depending on the program that you will use, it will allow you to record your favorite movies and TV show episodes.
Stream Downloaded Netflix Videos from iPhone/iPad to Mac
You may be wondering, can I transfer downloaded movies from Netflix? Yes, another way to download movies and TV show episodes from Netflix on your Mac is to utilize the in-built QuickTime player to allow mirroring of the streaming on your iPhone/iPad to Mac desktop. Remember though that this process is less straightforward.
Initially, you must prepare a lightning USB cable, a Mac that is equipped with the QuickTime Player and an iOS device the is updated to iOS 11 or higher.
The next move is to follow these steps to download movies on Netflix on Mac and how to access Netflix download files:
- Link your iPhone/iPad to your Mac using the Lightning-to-USB cable.
- Open the QuickTime Player on your Mac via Launchpad or the Applications folder.
- Tap on the File on the upper part of the screen and select the “New Movie Recording” option. If you want a shortcut, simply press “Option+Command+N”
- In the control panel, tap on the down-arrow icon next to the record button. Under the Microphone and Camera sections, select iPhone or iPad where you are playing the Netflix show. You also have the option to change the video quality. Just remember that the higher the video quality, the bigger the file size becomes.
- Open the Netflix app on your iOS device and open the video that you downloaded to watch offline on your Mac.
- Tap on the record button on the QuickTime Player to start recording.
- Start playing the downloaded Netflix shows on your iPhone. Later, you can view the downloaded video on your Mac without requiring an Internet connection. Remember that during the recording, do not to unplug your iPhone/iPad.
- Once the episode or movie ends, simply tap on the stop knob to stop the recording. In case you are going to save the video on your Mac, access File and tap on Save. The videos are saved in the MOV format on your device. Nevertheless, if you do not want to save the video, you can skip on this step.
Stream Netflix Shows from Your iPhone or iPad Using AirPlay
Generally, the Netflix app for iOS can support AirPlay. This is an exclusive protocol stack created by Apple to allow wireless streaming amid various devices of multimedia content.
This simply means that you are capable of streaming Netflix movies and shows from any iOS devices to those with AirPlay over the local Wi-Fi. Since the app can also support offline downloads, you can enjoy viewing the videos offline on your Mac. You also need an app such as AirServer to receive AirPlay streams on your device.
A potential drawback to this approach is that you need to configure a local Wi-Fi network that can take a toll on the battery life of your devices. In addition, both the iOS device and your Mac must be turned on. You need to have your chargers always on hand to avoid an abrupt stop on your favorite episode due to an empty battery.
For some Mac users, another approach on how to watch Netflix movies and episodes is to install the Windows OS with Boot Camp.
Once you are done with the installation, you can switch between macOS and Windows. At this point, simply download the Netflix application at the Microsoft Store and sign in to your account.
Before downloading Netflix movies on Mac, remember that the Netflix app for Windows can support offline downloads on some selected movies and episodes. This will allow you to watch them later without requiring Internet access.
Part 2. Why You Need The Large & Old Files Tool?
Since you are planning to watch a variety of movies and TV shows from Netflix, these will surely take up space on your Mac. Before you start to record movies or episodes using the method that you prefer, you need one of the tools by iMyMac PowerMyMac, specifically the Large & Old Files tool that you will find on the left side of the program's interface.
The iMyMac PowerMyMac is specially designed to tackle a variety of issues on your Mac. It provides Mac users with all the necessary tools in a single application. The Large & Old Files tool can be used to find unwanted files that occupy space on your hard disk as well as outdated ones to make more room on your Mac.
When using this tool to retrieve free space on your Mac for your upcoming Netflix movies and TV shows, simply follow these steps:
- Open iMyMac PowerMyMac and select the Large & Old Files.
- Start the scan by clicking on the “Scan” button. The process will search for large and old files on your device.
- After the scan finds large and outdated files on your Mac, you can check the results using the “View” button. In case you cannot find large and old files that you want to remove, simply tap on “Re-scan” to start a second scan.
- The files that are discovered on your device are categorized in size from “5MB to 100MB” and “100MB plus” as well as the time such as “more than 30 days” and “longer than one year”. Select the files on the right column from the corresponding category.
- Tap on the “Clean” button to remove the large and outdated files that you have chosen.
Part 3. Conclusion
With the different ways on how to download movies from Netflix on Mac, you can enjoy watching Netflix movies and TV shows. Now that you are familiar with the methods, simply choose one that you prefer. With the steps stated above that you can easily follow, you are on the way to enjoy your favorite shows on Netflix.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.3 / 5 (based on 73 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for MacFree Download
Bonjour, je n'ai pas de wifi, donc je ne peux utiliser que l'option câble-Quicktime player.Or netflix bloque l'enregistrement d'écran. quand je joue le film enregistré sur mon téléphone, l'écran devient noir. Y-a-t-il un moyen, ou une autre application que Quicktime pour contourner cela?
Bonjour, vous pouvez essayer d'autres outils d'enregistrement d'écran gratuits, veuillez vous référer à cet article: https://www.imymac.com/fr/mac-tips/free-screen-recorder-no-watermark.html
Thanks to your website, I have gained access to some amazing information that has been really useful to me. I have been looking forward to downloading some nice movies on Netflix, and your site has given me just that. thanks again for your website, it has really been useful to me.
Glad to hear that, thanks for your support!
Luis Anselmi2020-08-13 23:46:57
How do I play the movie’s Netflix
Hi, here is a step-by-step guide about How to Watch Movies Online With Netflix: https://www.wikihow.com/Watch-Movies-Online-With-Netflix
Clean up and speed up your Mac with ease