Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP) LOW-COST SPAY/ NEUTER SERVICES. The Spay/Neuter Incentive Program (SNIP) provides qualified owners access to spay/neuter services for their household dog or cat at a greatly reduced cost. Services are performed at Lollypop Farm by appointment only. The snip is a vasectomy — a medical procedure in which the tubes carrying the sperm from the testicles to the seminal vessel are cut and heat sealed. As a result when semen is ejaculated from the vessel during sex, it contains no sperm. It takes just twenty minutes (the operation, not the sex.).
verbsnips, snipping, snipped[with object]
Cut (something) with scissors or shears, typically with small quick strokes.
cut, clip, cut into, slit, nick, gash, notch, incise, snickcut off, snip off, trim, trim off, clip, prune, hack off, chop off, saw off, lop, lop off, dock, crop, sever, separate, detach, remove, take offView synonyms
- ‘she inspected the embroidery, snipping at loose threads’
- ‘The dress is really rough but I have been chopping and snipping it all day.’
- ‘She pulled the scissors from her dress pocket and snipped her hair off.’
- ‘Beth nodded, and unceremoniously snipped the loose ends with a pair of kitchen shears.’
- ‘We play for a while, and end up outside, where Sara is snipping lilacs from the bushes.’
- ‘The procedure involves snipping a bit of skin from the patient to get the DNA.’
- ‘Then he basically snipped and snipped huge locks of hair at a time until he was done.’
- ‘When he discovered that some species migrate hundreds of miles a year, he began snipping minute samples of wing tissue from bats he caught in mist nets.’
- ‘In fact, snipping dill is the best way to mince it - it bruises the delicate leaves less than chopping.’
- ‘Once she snipped part of the wristband that was sticking up, Michelle pushed me out of the way and presented her left hand to the woman.’
- ‘Two corners are snipped off, one is rounded, and the fourth is squared.’
- ‘Holding back laughter, I watched as Hannah measured out sections of hair with a comb and snipped the ends off.’
- ‘Very carefully, she took his jacket off and started to snip away his shirt.’
- ‘Furiously, she grabbed a large pair of scissors and started snipping away.’
- ‘I snipped the chives into little pieces and blended them together with the thickened yoghurt.’
- ‘The buds are dried for 10 days before being snipped off the stalks and bagged.’
- ‘A burglar will never be able to disarm the system by snipping the wires.’
- ‘Picking up a pair of discarded pliers he snipped two wires and replaced some of the others.’
- ‘Another woman approached with a pair of scissors and snipped the thread that bound them.’
- ‘The Queen is due in York to snip the ribbon on the bridge later this summer.’
- ‘Taking a deep breath, she carefully snipped the first stitch apart.’
1An act of snipping something.
- ‘The tips should be sharp enough to trim closely with a single snip.’
- ‘The blades came to the end of their path with a sharp snip; one hand caught the strip before it could fall and laid it down carefully among a neat pile of equally-curled strips.’
- ‘After a few snips here and there, Tara looked into the mirror, and her face lit up.’
- ‘Of course, if nature has not been kind, a wig, dyeing or maybe even a snip here or there could help you to look more like your favourite character.’
- ‘‘Well, you look presentable,’ she proclaimed with a few final snips at my beard.’
- ‘To soothe his worries, I thought I'd let him do a couple of snips.’
- ‘I hate you, she whispered, with every snip of her scissors.’
- ‘With one quick snip of the scissors the collar was off.’
- ‘After a few snips and clips, the self-described idiot sported a new look.’
- ‘I cut my hair on a whim, losing my second-best feature in a few snips.’
- ‘After the initial incisions are made, robotic arms wielding a tiny camera and surgical tools make the snips, stanch the blood flow, and sew up inside when all is done.’
- ‘She worked slowly and carefully at first, then picked up speed, using her claws to rake the hair into position, then trimming it with rapid snips of the scissors.’
- ‘‘It's straight,’ she told her minutes later after a few more snips and some more combing.’
- ‘A few snips of the old tailor's scissors and I will reduce them to a series of hanging strips barely connected to the elastic.’
- ‘By now half her hair is cut, and his voice was rising with anger as the snips got more violent.’
- ‘I heard the snips get closer and farther away from my ears.’
- 1.1A small piece of something that has been snipped off.
scrap, cutting, shred, strip, ribbon, rag, snippet, remnant, fragment, sliver, splinter, chip, bit, tiny bit, piece, tiny piece, speck, crumb, spot, fleck, wispView synonyms
- ‘They don't just only look hugely attractive; they will also deliver snips of foliage to enliven your cooking all summer.’
- 1.2the snipBritish informal A vasectomy.
- ‘about 6,000 men get the snip every year, and numbers are increasing’
- ‘Now I'll have to fend off those nasty questions about getting the snip!’
- ‘Then she told me it was time to get the snip.’
- ‘Scots are turning their backs on the snip.’
- ‘There is even circumcision humour and a funny song about the snip.’
- ‘The doctor said: 'Things happened and he blamed them on the fact that he had got the snip.'’
- ‘A friend added: 'Mick had planned to have the snip because he couldn't face having any more kids in the house.'’
- ‘Going for 'the snip' is a surprisingly painless and simple procedure.’
- ‘He's having the snip!’
- ‘What about men who have the snip?’
- ‘Naturally, Gina starts thinking, like many of her Western friends, that it may be time to consider some surgical intervention - yes, 'the snip' - preferably performed on her husband.’
- ‘Scientists have developed a new vasectomy technique which cuts the surgeon's scalpel out of 'the snip' and replaces it with short blasts of high-frequency ultrasound, a science magazine said recently.’
- ‘For the first time on record, more men are getting the snip than women, although their numbers are also declining, down from 6,543 to 4,655 - a slump of 29%.’
- ‘But remarriages now account for nearly 40% of weddings, and the decision to have the 'snip' can come to be bitterly regretted.’
- ‘What are people's thoughts about getting the snip to prevent pregnancy either for men or women?’
2A surprisingly cheap item; a bargain.
- ‘See for yourselves and get a 30 per cent discount on this title into the bargain - a snip at just £13.29.’
- ‘At 15.99, it's a snip for the Christmas stocking.’
- ‘Where they triumph is in their cheerfully cheap black nylon and leather combination - something of a snip at £15.’
- ‘The diversity of genre, the incredible artwork across the board, and the generally impressive writing make it a snip at fifteen dollars.’
- ‘Sevilla, of course, will have been aware of what the future might hold for their star's market value but were somehow persuaded to sell now at a price that, within months, may well look like a snip.’
- ‘Even Philips' double-layer device is a snip at just $115.’
- ‘Some people balked at the amount of money paid out at the time, but £11 million now looks like a snip.’
- ‘He has had an excellent season and is looking like a snip at however many million they paid for him.’
- ‘You couldn't fail to lose weight being given cold scrambled egg to reheat - a snip at $35 a day.’
- ‘‘Compared with prices down south, it's a real snip,’ he says.’
- ‘The thought of wearing another person's hair may make you shudder but at nearly £1,000 this unique headpiece crafted from woven human hair could prove a snip.’
- ‘I paid my final visit to the store just before it closed, and bought the last two pairs of XL boxer shorts, and the remaining XL shirt, which was a snip at £2.25.’
- ‘And though it may cost him £20 a time on the train, he firmly believes it would be a snip at twice the price.’
- 2.1dated A thing that is easily achieved.easy task, easy job, child's play, five-finger exercise, gift, walkover, nothing, sinecure, gravy trainView synonyms
3snipsShears for cutting metal.
- ‘They had tried everything: pliers, tin snips, saws, even a blow torch.’
- ‘Rolled Vinyl with Aluminum channel backing requires a hammer, nails, metal snips and a tape measure.’
- ‘The material is held down with standard roofing nails, and can be cut with snips or a utility knife.’
- ‘For most cutting tasks, the only tool you'll need is a pair of aviation snips.’
- ‘Heavy-duty wire snips cut them to size; we needed smaller lengths as we moved away from the posts and behind the fire pit.’
- ‘If you can't pry out the nails without further damaging the wall, use the snips to cut the bead from around the nailheads.’
- ‘I also made an abortive attempt at creativity with tin snips and a tin can.’
- ‘A pair of tin snips would fix it real quick.’
- ‘Cut a new piece of corner bead using aviation snips.’
4North American informal A small or insignificant person.
insignificant person, nobody, nonentity, non-person, gnat, insect, cipher, pygmyView synonyms
- ‘imagine that little snip telling me I was wrong!’
Mid 16th century (in the sense ‘a shred’): from Low German snip ‘small piece’, of imitative origin.
Take a snapshot to copy words or images from all or part of your PC screen. Use Snipping Tool to make changes or notes, then save, and share.
Windows 10 has another screenshot app you might also like to try. When you open Snipping Tool, you’ll see an invitation and keyboard shortcut to Snip & Sketch. For more info on this app, see How to take and annotate screenshots on Windows 10.
Capture any of the following types of snips:
Draw a free-form shape around an object.
Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
Select a window, such as a dialog box, that you want to capture.
Capture the entire screen.
When you capture a snip, it's automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window where you make changes, save, and share.
Open Snipping Tool
For Windows 10
Select the Start button, type snipping tool in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
For Windows 8.1 / Windows RT 8.1
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then select Search), type snipping tool in the search box, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
For Windows 7
Select the Start button, then type snipping tool in the search box, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.
Work with your screenshots
With your Snipping Tool open, select one of the following to create and work with your screenshots.
Capture a snip
In Snipping Tool, select Mode. In earlier versions of Windows, select the arrow next to the New button. Next, when you choose the kind of snip you want, you’ll see the whole screen change slightly to gray. Then, choosing from anything currently displayed on the screen, select the area of your screen that you want to capture.
Capture a snip of a menu
After you open Snipping Tool, open the menu that you want to capture. For Windows 7, press the Esc key before opening the menu.
Press Ctrl + PrtScn keys. The entire screen changes to gray including the open menu.
Select Mode, or in earlier versions of Windows, select the arrow next to the New button. Select the kind of snip you want, and then select the area of the screen capture that you want to capture.
Annotate a snip
After you capture a snip, you can write or draw on or around it by selecting the Pen or Highlighter buttons. Select Eraser to remove the lines you've drawn.
Save a snip
After you capture a snip, select the Save Snip button.
In the Save As box, type a file name, location, and type, and then select Save.
Remove the URL
When you capture a snip from a browser window and save it as an HTML file, the URL appears below the snip. To prevent the URL from appearing:
Snip And Sketch Download Free
Download netflix movies macbook air. In the Snipping Tool, select the Options button.
In theSnipping Tools Options box, clear the Include URL below snips (HTML only) check box, then select OK.
Share a snip
After you capture a snip, select the arrow next to the Send Snip button, and then select an option from the list.
Keyboard shortcuts to use in Snipping Tool
Press these keys
To do this
Alt + M
Choose a snipping mode.
Alt + N
Create a new snip in the same mode as the last one.
Shift + arrow keys
Move the cursor to select from different types of snips.
Alt + D
Delay capture by 1-5 seconds
Ctrl + C
Copy the snip to clipboard
Save the snip
Enlarge, rotate, or crop your snip
With your capture open in Snipping Tool, select Edit > Edit with Paint 3D to use features for sizing, color, text, and many other enhancements.
Print a snip
In the folder where you’ve saved your snip, right click on the snip. Select Print from the options and make choices for how you want to print your image.
Place tool on the taskbar
In the search box on the taskbar, type snipping tool. You’ll see the Snipping Tool app and a list of actions you can take. Select Pin to taskbar.
Delay your screenshot
First, identify the menu or other components you want to capture. In Snipping Tool, select Delay and then select, for example, 5 seconds. Select Mode to start the 5-second countdown. Within 5 seconds, open a menu or otherwise compose your image. At 5 seconds, when you see the screen turn gray, use the mouse to draw around the area you want.
For info about other Windows 10 features, seeWhat's new in recent Windows 10 updates.